Explore More

New Student Registration

New Student Registration

To be eligible for enrollment for kindergarten, students must be five (5) on or before September 1 (CA Education Code 48000) and must currently reside within the boundaries of the Encinitas Union School District. Families in the process of moving to EUSD may register their students once their residency within the District is established. Click here for the Encinitas Union School District boundaries.


1. Please be sure to choose the correct academic year to register your child.
Access the online PowerSchool Registration at:


2. Create a PowerSchool Family Account and follow the steps to continue. Please be sure to choose the correct academic year to register your child.
3. Please contact the school secretary for any questions regarding registration. Contact information can be found at www.eusd.net under the Schools link.

Provide Verification of Age (.pdf is preferred):
  • Certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth,
  • a duly attested baptism certificate,
  • passport, or
  • affidavit from the parent/guardian and upload where indicated
Provide Verification of Residency (.pdf is preferred):
  • Grant Deed or property tax payment receipts
  • Rental/lease agreement signed by all parties with parent/guardian and children’s names, AND property owner or agent’s name and contact telephone number (subject to physical verification)
  • Home utility (SDG&E, water, sewer or trash) bill from within last 30 days
  • Cable TV or “land line” telephone bill from within last 30 days
  • Payroll check stub with name and address within the last 30 days
  • Bank statement with name and address within the last 30 days
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Correspondence from a government agency within the last 30 days
  • A Declaration of Residency Affidavit if you are not able to provide any of the documents listed above but believe that you reside in the District. Please contact your school front office for assistance.
Provide current student immunizations:

Enter all dates on the immunization record and upload where indicated (.pdf is preferred) http://eziz.org/assets/docs/IMM-222School.pdf

If you checked the box to request an Intra-District Transfer, you will receive an email with a link to access the form. Please be advised that your child’s registration must be complete and approved prior to receiving the form.

Additional Health Requirements for Kindergarten

The District complies with state-mandated health requirements and requires the following:

1. CHDP School Entry Health Check Up Form must be signed by the doctor performing the physical. (Due by Nov. of 1st grade.)
2. Oral Health Assessment must be signed by the dentist performing the examination. (Due by May of Kindergarten year.)

Once you have completed your online registration form and hit "Submit" you will receive emails from noreplyregistration@powerschool.com with updates regarding the status of your registration. To prevent these emails from going to your Spam folder, please add noreplyregistration@powerschool.com to your contacts.