Instructions for Outside Organizations
The Encinitas Union School District (EUSD) cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar to district families. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
1. IMPORTANT: Read the EUSD Flyer Approval Policies in the next section below.
2. Visit www.peachjar.com
3. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
4. Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based in part on the standards described below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our EUSD schools, these instructions do not apply. See the school’s Office Manager for details.
EUSD Flyer Policies – Outside Organizations
All flyers to be distributed must:
– Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students or be or intrinsic value to the
students or their parents/guardians.
– Be in PDF format.
– Contain font sizes not less that size 12.
– Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
– Be submitted in both English and Spanish (whenever possible) in the same document. Flyers can have multiple
pages and you will only be charged for one flyer.
– Include the following disclaimer using the exact wording shown below not less than size 12 font, in both English
and Spanish (when applicable):
“DISCLAIMER: Distribution of this flyer does not imply endorsement by the Encinitas Union School District, its schools or staff, and is distributed in compliance with federal and state law.”
“DESMENTIDO: La distribción de este volante no implica el respaldo por la Unión de Encinitas de Distrito Escolar, su escuela ni el personal, y es distribuido en conformidad con las leyes federales y el del estado.”
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
– Are lewd, obscene, libelous or slanderous
– Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
– Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party or ballot measure unless the candidates or advocates
from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during
events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
– Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
– Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry,
national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
– Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives including,
but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants and movies or products unsuitable for
– Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in EUSD Board policy.
– Distribute unsolicited merchandise for which ensuing payment is requested.
The Encinitas Union School District has always had a restrictive flyer distribution policy based upon staff and parent request and reserve the right to deny flyer approval even if all requirements described above are met.
BEFORE PURCHASING PEACHJAR CREDITS, if you have questions as to whether your flyer will be approved, please contact EUSD’s Business Services for pre-approval at 760.944.4300, x1161. Peachjar issues credit for un-approved flyers but will not issue refunds.