New Student Registration for 2018 – 2019
Welcome to the Encinitas Union School District! Thank you for having an interest in our district and registering your child.
All new student registrations will be submitted online through the Illuminate Home Connection Portal. Access to the Home Connection Portal will be available beginning Thursday, February 1, 2018. For assistance in completing the registration process, please refer to the New Registration User Guide.
Please note: To be eligible for enrollment, a student must currently reside in the Encinitas Union School District boundaries. Families in the process of moving into the school district may register a student once the student’s residency in the district is established.
For questions about new student registration, please contact your school of residence.
Please review the following steps to complete an enrollment packet.
STEPS TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD(REN)
Parents for each student new to the Encinitas Union School District must create an account in the Home Connection Portal, complete the Online Pre-registration Forms and upload three (3) proofs of residency, proof of current student immunizations and a birth certificate. The Enrollment Packets contain some items not available for online distribution. EUSD encourages parents to submit the registration online or contact your school of residence for assistance. When EUSD schools are closed for summer break, Enrollment Packets can be picked up at the EUSD District Office located at 101 South Rancho Santa Fe Road, Encinitas, CA 92024.
Kindergarten Families: Click here for Kindergarten Registration Information. Your child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 to enroll in Kindergarten. Kindergarten Workshops will be scheduled at each site to assist families who may need additional support or for those who may not have computers or Internet access.
STEP #1: What do I need to enroll my child?
- To complete the registration forms on the Home Connection Portal, please complete ALL REQUIRED AREAS on each form using your computer. If you do not have Internet access, please arrange to attend the Kindergarten Workshop listed or contact your school of residence for assistance.
- Verification of age (birth certificate/passport). Upload where indicated.
- Current immunization records – download Immunizations for requirements. Enter dates on the immunization record and upload where indicated.
- Authorization for Medication Administration – download Authorization for Medication Administration to authorize school staff to give medications at school.
- Three (3) proofs of residency (1 item required from Category 1 and 2 items from Category 2). Upload where indicated.
Additional Health Requirements for Kindergarten and First Grade
The District complies with state-mandated health requirements and requires the following for school entry:
- Report of Medical Examination for School Entry must be signed by the doctor performing the physical.
- Oral Health Assessment must be signed by the dentist performing the examination.
Download here to access Medical Examination for School Entry and Oral Health forms.
STEP #2: Register at Your School of Residence
Please bring items 1 – 4 listed above to your school of residence.
Not sure where your home school is, click here.
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION LINKS
– Kindergarten Registration
– Early Admission
– School Attendance Boundary Maps
– Intra- and Inter-district Transfers
– Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program
– 2018 – 2019 Calendar