New Student Registration for 2017 – 2018
Welcome to the Encinitas Union School District! Thank you for having an interest in our district and registering your child.
Please note: To be eligible for enrollment, a student must currently reside in the Encinitas Union School District boundaries. Families in the process of moving into the school district may register a student once the student’s residency in the district is established.
For questions about new student registration, please contact your school of residence.
Please review the following steps to complete an enrollment packet.
STEPS TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD(REN)
Each student new to the Encinitas Union School District must have a completed Enrollment Packet and provide three (3) proofs of residency, proof of current student immunizations and a birth certificate. The Enrollment Packets contain some items not available for on-line distribution. When EUSD schools are closed for summer break, Enrollment Packets can be picked up at the EUSD District Office located at 101 South Rancho Santa Fe Road, Encinitas, CA 92024. EUSD encourages parents to complete the forms that are available online (see below) or forms can also be obtained at your school of residence.
Kindergarten Families: Click here for Kindergarten Registration Information. Your child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 to enroll in Kindergarten. Enrollment packets will not be accepted prior to Kindergarten Registration at your school of residence.
STEP #1: What do I need to enroll my child?
- To complete the registration forms, including for kindergarten, download new forms. Please complete ALL SHADED AREAS on each form using your computer, print them and sign them. You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat software to download these forms.
– ALL ENROLLMENTS must include pages 1 – 2 (Pupil Information Card, Registration Form).
– If you rent/lease/own your home complete page 3.
– Complete pages 4 – 5 ONLY if you live with another family and do not rent/lease/own your home.
– If you do not have Internet access, registration forms are available at your school of residence.
- Verification of age (birth certificate/passport)
- Current immunization records – download Immunizations for requirements.
- Three (3) proofs of residency (1 item required from Category 1 and 2 items from Category 2)
Additonal Health Requirements for Kindergarten and First Grade
The District complies with state-mandated health requirements and requires the following for school entry:
- Report of Medical Examination for School Entry must be signed by the doctor performing the physical.
- Oral Health Assessment must be signed by the dentist performing the examination.
Download here to access Medical Examination for School Entry and Oral Health forms.
STEP #2: Register at Your School of Residence
Please bring items 1 – 4 listed above to your school of residence.
Not sure where your home school is, click here.
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION LINKS
– Kindergarten Registration
– Procedure to Early Entrance to Kindergarten
– Procedure to Late Entrance to Kindergartgen
– School Attendance Boundary Maps
– Intra- and Inter-district Transfers
– Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program
– 2017 – 2018 Calendar