The Encinitas Union School District (EUSD) is a community of lifelong learners and offers an outstanding opportunity for educators to grow and develop professionally. Whether you’re a recent graduate looking for a first job or an experienced teacher seeking new challenges and opportunities, you will want to consider a career move to the Encinitas Union School District. Our students will test your skills and our community will welcome you. Your compensation and benefits packages will be competitive and you will also find we are extremely supportive. We offer a number of programs designed to help you develop skills and further understand your profession. We are a progressive and academically recognized school district that places children first and invests in its employees.
A top priority for the Encinitas Union School District includes recruiting, hiring and retaining a highly qualified professional staff. As a means of attracting and maintaining the highest level of educators for our students, we offer our employees competitive salaries, excellent benefits and incentives such as:
- $2,000 stipends to administrators with a Doctorate degree
- $1,500 stipends to teachers with a Doctorate degree
- $1,000 stipends to National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT)
- $1,000 stipends to teachers with a Masters degree
- $1,000 stipends to teachers who are required to use a BCLAD certificate
- $500 stipends to teachers who are required to use a CLAD, SDAIE, or ELD certificate.
Opportunities for professional growth and development as well as career advancement abound in the Encinitas Union School District. EUSD provides:
- NBCT Cohort Programs for Teachers with National University and Cal State University, San Marcos
- On-site and Districtwide Professional Development
- Competitive Employee Benefits
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Program
- Employment Assistance Program
Click here for current job postings in the Encinitas Union School District.
Before you submit your application to our district you must register with Edjoin as a user, creating a Username and Password for your Edjoin account. Edjoin is FREE. Your application is completed following the on-screen instructions in Edjoin. Frequently Asked Questions are provided on the home page of Edjoin.
Application Procedure Using EdJoin:
- Go to www.edjoin.org
- New Users must click REGISTER NOW; Registered Users click LOG IN
- Complete all required fields, which are marked by a red asterisk (*)
- Click NEXT to complete the registration process
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Employment – Fill out information and Click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My References – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Education – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Credentials (Certificated) – Fill out information and Click Save
- Click the My Attachments Tab to add attachments to your application. Scan Documents as PDF files.
- At the top of the page, click Job Search
- On the District Search Tab, under County – choose San Diego
- On the District Search Tab, Under District – choose Encinitas Union School District
- Select the Job Opening that you are qualified for and interested in applying to.
- Select Apply Online Now
- Scroll to the bottom of each page in the application and select Next until you reach the last page of the application. Remember to answer all supplemental questions (in red) at the end of your application. These are questions that our district has included in this application.
- Select Submit Application.
- To apply for any additional Job Openings, you will follow steps 1-7.
- To verify that your application has been processed, you may select My Applications (under My Edjoin on the task bar at any time).
- After you have received a confirmation for your application, please click EDJOIN HOME, then LOG OFF. Failure to log off will allow your application to be viewable to the next applicant.
If you need assistance, please call or email Administrative Services at 760.944.4300, ext. 1181.
Click here for the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium (NCCSC).
Thank you for your interest in serving as a substitute for the Encinitas Union School District and the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium (which includes Cardiff School District, Del Mar Union School District, Encinitas Union School District, Rancho Santa Fe School District, and Solana Beach School District). We rely heavily on our substitute teachers and greatly appreciate the support they provide to our teaching staffs at all of the schools in the Encinitas Union School District as well as the NCCSC.
Our substitute teacher base rate of pay is $120 a day. When a substitute assumes a long term assignment in the same classroom, the rate of pay increases to $130 on the eleventh day in the same classroom.
Teachers and substitutes in the NCCSC rely on an automated calling system. The system utilizes the phone system as well as the Internet. Teachers can record absences and the need for a substitute via the phone or the Internet via their web browser. Substitutes can also access the system via phone or web browser.
If you have questions about substituting for the Encinitas Union School District and the NCCSC, please contact the substitute coordinator.