Child Nutrition Services & Green Garden Cafe
Inspired by the thriving gardens found at our nine EUSD schools and our very own certified organic Farm Lab, Green Garden Cafe was created to serve students fresh food that they need to grow and succeed. From organic Farm Lab produce on the salad bar to regionally sourced proteins, Green Garden Cafe is providing students with nourishing foods that you can feel good about.
Child Nutrition is committed to providing healthy foods with the highest quality ingredients possible to students in the district. We strictly source the food that we serve to our students, never using ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, trans fats and hydrogenated oils, hormones and antibiotics in animal production and artificial sweeteners.
Our student lunch menus change monthly, featuring a variety of seasonal and local scratch-made entrees. Check out the new menus to see the selections offered to students each day. An unlimited salad bar is available with every school meal. The daily salad bar includes organic lettuce sourced from local and regional farms, Harvest of the Month produce on Wednesdays and a variety of salad dressings (including gluten free options). Some of our more popular, freshly-made entrees include:
- Pasta Bolognese: made with organic grassfed beef from Northern California and pasta sauce made with organic tomatoes and herbs from the EUSD Farm Lab.
- Scratch-made Pizzas of all kinds: dough made fresh daily in our kitchen using whole wheat flour and marinara sauce made with organic tomatoes and herbs from the EUSD Farm Lab.
- Chicken Fajita Tacos: organic free-range chicken from Northern California seasoned with our special house blend of spices, served on a corn or flour tortilla and topped with roasted bell peppers.
- EUSD “California” Burrito: our spin on a California burrito, made with grass fed organic beef and Farm lab organic roasted sweet potatoes.
- Scratch-made burritos, pastas and sandwiches are a huge hit with students as well!
- A variety of vegetarian and gluten free options are offered throughout the week. You can find these items by special symbol designation on each menu.
Between yoga programs, school gardens and a thriving certified Organic Farm (the first in the nation on a school district campus), wellness is a major focus for the Encinitas Union School District. EUSD’s former Superintendent Timothy Baird shared, “Our goal is to serve the highest quality, best tasting, healthiest meals possible!”