The Encinitas Union School District is community of lifelong learners. Our school district represents a great opportunity for educators to grow and develop professionally. Whether you're a recent graduate looking for a first job or an experienced teacher seeking new challenges and opportunities, you will want to consider a career move to the Encinitas Union School District. Our students will test your skills and our community will welcome you. Your compensation and benefits packages will be competitive and you will also find we are extremely supportive. We offer a number of programs designed to help you develop skills and further understand your profession. We are a progressive and academically recognized school district that places children first and invests in its employees.
Professional Growth & Career Advancement Opportunities
Opportunities for professional growth and development as well as career advancement abound in the Encinitas Union School District. EUSD provides
- Competitive employee benefits
- On-site and districtwide professional development
- NBCT cohort programs for teachers with National University and Cal State University, San Marcos
- Comprehensive health and wellness program
- Employment assistance program
We Invest in Our Employees
A top priority for the Encinitas Union School District includes recruiting, hiring and retaining a highly qualified professional staff. As a means of attracting and maintaining the highest level of educators for our students, we offer our employees competitive salaries, excellent benefits and incentives.
Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) Program
We support first and second year teachers through our BTSA teacher induction program. Beginning teachers are paired with BTSA Support Providers who are seasoned teachers who provide support to new teachers to ensure their success.
We award $2,000 stipends to administrators with a doctorate degree; $1,500 stipends to teachers with a doctorate degree; $1,000 stipends to National Board Certified teachers; $1,000 stipends to teachers with a masters degree; $1,000 stipends to teachers who are required to use a BCLAD certificate; and $500 stipends to teachers who are required to use a CLAD, SDAIE, or ELD certificate.
Applying for employment with the Encinitas Union School District
Before you submit your application to our district you must register with Edjoin as a user, creating a Username and Password for your Edjoin account. It is vital to remember your Username and Password for your future use with Edjoin. This allows you to Edit your information at any time. Edjoin isFREE. Your application is completed following the on-screen instructions in Edjoin. Frequently Asked Questions are provided on the Home page of Edjoin.
If you need assistance, please call Becca Wing in Administrative Services at (760) 944-4300, ext. 1181.
Application Procedures for Certificated and Classified Applications
- Open Internet Browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Netscape is not recommended)
- Go to www.edjoin.org
- When you are on the Edjoin Website:
- New Users must click REGISTER NOW
- Registered Users click: LOG IN
- Complete all required fields, which are marked by a red asterisk (*)
- Click NEXT to complete the registration process
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Employment – Fill out information and Click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My References – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Education – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Credentials (Certificated) – Fill out information and Click Save
- Click the My attachments Tab to add attachments to your application. Scan Documents as PDF Files.
Now you may apply to a position.
- At the top of the page, click Job Search
- On the District Search Tab, under County – choose San Diego
- On the District Search Tab, Under District – choose Encinitas Union School District
- Select the Job Opening that you are qualified for and interested in applying to.
- Select Apply Online Now
- Scroll to the bottom of each page in the application and select Next until you reach the last page of the application. Remember to answer all supplemental questions (in red) at the end of your application. These are questions that our district has included in this application.
- Select Submit Application.
- To apply for any additional Job Openings, you will follow steps 1-7.
- To verify that your application has been processed, you may select MyApplications (under My Edjoin on the task bar at any time.
- After you have received a confirmation to your application, please click EDJOIN HOME, then LOG OFF. Failure to log off will allow your application to be viewable to the next applicant.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a substitute for the Encinitas Union School District and the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium (which includes Cardiff School District, Del Mar School District, Encinitas Union School District, Rancho Santa Fe School District, and Solana Beach School District). We rely heavily on our substitute teachers and greatly appreciate the support they provide to our teaching staffs at all of the schools in the Encinitas Union School District as well as the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium.
At this time, we are only accepting applications if you have a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential or enrolled in credential program with a 30 day sub permit.
Substitute Teacher Application Packet
Rate of Pay
Our substitute teacher base rate of pay is $90/day. When a substitute assumes a long term assignment, the tier one long-term rate of pay (after 15 days in same assignment) is $100/day. Our tier two long-term rate of pay (after 45 days in same assignment) is $110/day. As an added incentive for substitutes to commit to the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium, the daily base rate of pay after a substitute has worked in any of the consortium school districts for 45 days, the substitute’s base rate will increase from $90/day to $100/day. In other words, regardless of whether the substitute has been in a long term assignment or not, if the substitute works in the consortium for at least 45 days, that particular substitute’s base rate of pay will be adjusted to $100/day for any subsequent assignments for the balance of that particular school year. The adjusted base rate of pay will return to the regular base rate for the following school year until the substitute, once again, attains the 45 days in the consortium.
Automated Substitute Calling System
Teachers and substitutes in the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium rely on an automated calling system. The system, eSchools SmartFindExpress, utilizes the phone system as well as the Internet. Teachers can record absences and the need for a substitute via the phone or the Internet via their web browser. Substitutes can also access the system via phone or web browser.
Contact and Questions
If you have questions about substituting for the Encinitas Union School District and the North County Coastal Substitute Consortium, please contact Susan Badgley at (760) 944-4300, ext. 1100, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Encinitas Union School District welcomes student teachers during the regular school calendar year. To request a placement for student teaching, contact your university’s School of Education Student Teacher placement office. If you have questions, contact Becca Wing, EUSD Human Resources, 101 S. Rancho Santa Fe Rd., Encinitas, CA 92024, (760) 944-4300, ext. 1181, or email at email@example.com
Universities that partner with the Encinitas Union School District for student teacher placements include but are not limited to:
--Azusa Pacific University
--California State University, San Marcos
--San Diego State University
--University of California, San Diego
--Point Loma Nazarene University
This link is in development. Please check back soon.